Install - Physical Media
XenServer installation overview.
All hosts have at least one IP address associated with them. To configure a static IP address for the host (instead of using DHCP), have the static IP address and hostname on hand before beginning this procedure.
To install the XenServer host:
- Burn the installation files for XenServer to a CD or use a USB boot drive
- Back up data you want to preserve. Installing XenServer overwrites data on any hard drives that you select to use for the installation.
- Insert the installation CD into the DVD drive of the host computer.
- Restart the host computer.
- Boot from the DVD drive or USB
- Following the initial boot messages
- Select Ok to do a clean installation.
- If you have multiple hard disks, choose a Primary Disk for the installation. Select Ok.
Choose which disks you want to use for virtual machine storage. Choose Ok.
- Set up the management interface to use to connect to XenCenter.
- Configure the Management NIC IP address with a static IP address
- Specify the hostname and the DNS configuration
- Follow the remaining installation screens
- Select Install XenServer.
- From the Installation Complete screen, eject the installation CD from the drive, and then select *Ok to reboot the server.
- Finish configuration using XenCenter
- Apply latest patches
- Create new pool
- Configure Networking
- Join other nodes to pool